<< Open Source Media Framework Users
advertise your job opening here!
Senior Solutions Architect
Job Opportunity posted 11/24/09
last edited 11/24/09
, tagged: Development, Full-time
14,030 views, 0 comments.
Senior Solutions Architect
Akamai provides market-leading managed services for powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online. Having pioneered the content delivery market one decade ago, Akamai's services have been adopted by the world's most recognized brands across diverse industries. Since its start in 1998, Akamai has grown from a research “big idea” into one of the world’s most successful technology companies, with 2008 revenue of more than $790 million, consistent profitability, and inclusion as a NASDAQ 100 company. With more than 1,600 employees in locations around the globe, Akamai is committed to innovation in technology and service. Akamai has transformed the Internet into a more viable place to inform, entertain, advertise, interact, and collaborate. Akamai - Powering a Better Internet.
About the Team
The Professional Services team works with Akamai's customers to design and implement solutions that maximize return on investment, reduce risk, and optimize their online initiatives. The team employs some of the foremost Internet experts to solve complex infrastructure, content delivery, and application performance challenges, always with a mind to our customer's business strategy. We've implemented solutions for over 2,000 customers in the private and public sectors - like FedEx, Yahoo, the Department of Defense, and many others.
About the Job
Flash/Silverlight Senior Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with Akamai's clients to deliver Akamai solutions. You will develop advanced Flash, Silverlight and mobile players and applications. This will include preparation of graphics, working with technical project managers and developers for webservice/backend integration, all the way through final delivery of the completed project for release or deployment.
* Work with project team to offer technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
* Perform requirements gathering and write function specifications for moderately complex applications.
* Accurately scope development timelines for moderately complex applications.
* Develop main framework for large-scale applications according to an API defined with the architect.
* Complete design documentation as part of architecting and create UML documentation for moderately complex applications.
* Review code with architect to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
* For large-scale applications, work with the Architect to help define modules needed and make recommendations on the appropriate developers for each module.
* Maintain expertise in all main Rich Media Ad platform tools (EyeWonder, Pointroll, Motif, etc.)
* Strong focus on communication with development, creative, engineering and client services teams.
* Assist more junior Developers by offering guidance in defining architecture and best approach for building out moderate-complexity applications.
* Provide status updates to project owners and managers for currently assigned projects.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Overall Experience: 5-7 years or equivalent experience.
* Strong expertise in Flash and/or Silverlight development experience.
* Experience using ActionScript 2 & 3 including a full understanding of capabilities of the platforms.
* Full understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Principles) such as inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, interfaces, composition, etc.
* Use of common Object Oriented design patterns and their impact on ActionScript development.
* Familiarity with other programming paradigms and methodologies such as Aspect Oriented programming, Waterfall method, RAD, Agile, extreme, etc.
* Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work externally with customers and internally with Akamai business and development groups.
* Must be action oriented, capable of solving complex technical problems independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
* Must be willing to travel up to 20-30%.
* Fluent English a must and one of the following: German, French, Spanish.
* Intermediate experience working with other rich media technologies (e.g. Adobe Air, Video codecs) including video and audio streaming.
* Comfort using common design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks.
* Experience building video-heavy applications and integration with data feeds.
* Mobile application development for iPhone/iTouch, Nokia/Symbian, Android or BlackBerry.