advertise your job opening here!
Senior Flex Developer
Job Opportunity posted 03/25/10
by Michel Boudreau
last edited 03/25/10
, tagged: Design, Full-time, Development
7,804 views, 0 comments.
Senior Flex Developer
Our RIA/Flex Developers are primarily engaged in building new customer-facing and internal trading front-ends using Adobe Flex. Using this technology we are designing and building some of the most innovative and functional web-delivered applications in the financial services industry. Many of our projects are focused on efficiently delivering large volumes of trade or pricing data to the end-user, while providing both high-performance, responsive experiences and rich, full featured end-user functionality. Therefore, experience with multi-threaded UI's, efficient memory and thread management, and judicious use of screen real-estate are important considerations for these positions.
Additionally a solid understanding of Web Services and Flex toolsets (IDE’s, debuggers, libraries), combined with a capacity and desire for all phases of creating web applications (such as information architecture, AJAX, html) are useful as well.
In addition, we are always looking for these core skills:
- Professional software development experience, including at least 1 year with Flex or 2 years with other similar web technologies
- Strong grasp of software design patterns and effective development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience writing commercial-grade software applications with a preference for thick-client apps over web-based apps
- Deep understanding of multithreading and real-time software architectures
- Driven to produce software of the highest quality through self-discipline, clear and engaged communication, and attention to detail
- An abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler)
- Ability to communicate effectively and to influence client strategy, tactics, and perceptions
- Determination to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation
- Highly productive software developer with the proven aptitude to understand and apply technology
- Resourcefulness and independence
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience