|Jobboard Home | About | Filter Job Posts | Search|
Flex Applications Developer
TeachTown - www.teachtown.com
2815 Eastlake Ave, Seattle, WA
4 months - potentially full time
FLEX Applications Developer, Seattle
This position is based in Seattle, Washington. Full time or contract are possibilities.
The Team: Development
The Software Development team is focused on building a rich internet application that delivers evidence-based therapy assistance solutions to special needs children - particularly in the area of autism - and their parents and teachers. We work closely with autism specialists and school districts to design and deliver highly effective content rich learning tools to children that desperately need them. We are doing a from the ground up re-write of our client software using Adobe AIR, backed by our existing ASP.NET server-side platform.
The Role: Applications Developer, FLEX / ActionScript
As an experienced Client Applications Developer you will design and develop an Adobe AIR application supporting a rich user and child experience. You should have experience building UI working from design documents. You should be a well-rounded developer that is familiar with client applications backed by web services. You must be familiar with modern web technologies. You must be fluent in one or more frameworks for building client applications.
- Design and develop a large range of client functions on the Adobe AIR platform.
- Participate in design discussions and collaborate well with a small focused team.
- Quickly ramp up on existing client and server functions.
- Write unit tests, participate in code reviews, and promote adherence to modern coding standards and practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- At least four years experience building client applications.
- Solid understanding of user experience and interaction design.
- Experience in FLEX / Actionscript is a must.
- Some experience with relational databases and SQL concepts is a plus. Experience with SQL Lite is a definite plus.
- Experience with web services such as WCF or SOAP is desired.
- Good written skills for documentation and code commenting.