|Blog Home | About | Entries By Date | Search|
Captivate 5 to iPad and iPhone
The other day I mentioned I successfully got my captivate project onto my iPad and iPhone, now I must give a BIG Thankyou to easelsolutions for posting the steps to make this possible. So for everyone who has been asking me please go to this link http://blog.easelsolutions.com/2011/05/publish-captivate-5-to-the-iphoneipad/ and follow the steps and you too will have your captivate on your mobile devices.
Now tips and tricks:
1. Create a folder called Aps and then create a subfolder with the project name.
2. Publish your captivate mobile project to this folder.
3. Download your mobile provisioning file to this folder also.
4. Copy and paste the easelsolutions command into a notepad file, and make all relevant changes here and save it also into the project folder, that way in future if you have to make changes to the ap you do not have to redo the coding steps just copy and paste from the notepad file.
5. Keep the naming convention the same for all projects that way you can just copy the notepad file and do a replace with the project name, saves time adjusting coding.
6. A another big tip I realised is also make sure the project you are converting is mobile ready ie instead of saying click here, you will need to use touch or something to that effect, and also make sure you are using bigger text etc especially for the iPhone.
Once again I give my thanks to easel solutions for sharing, hopefully Adobe will make this process easier in future versions but for now this works.
Let me know how you go.