|Jobboard Home | About | Filter Job Posts | Search|
ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR & SR. DESIGNER
DIRECTV - LATIN AMERICA
2230 East Imperial Highway El Segundo, California 90245
As soon as possible
DIRECTV is seeking an Associate Art Director / Sr. Designer to work in its Latin America division. This position will provide on-air and off-air services to regional clients in Latin America and Corporate internal clients including but not limited to cross-channel promotional efforts, four original content channels, marketing materials, etc. The Associate Art Director / Sr. Designer will work closely with the Senior Art Director, and VP & Sr. Creative Director of DIRECTV Latin America and the entire design and production team as a champion for the look and feel of projects. The primary role of the Associate Art Director/Sr. Designer is to develop, produce and execute projects as assigned and communicate high-level concepts to the design team, ensuring adherence to these ideas throughout the design process. This position reports into the Sr. Manager of Brand Management / Sr. Art Director and is located in El Segundo, California.
- Propose look and feel ensuring the right portrayal of the DIRECTV brand (under guidance from the Senior Art Director and VP & Sr. Creative Director) and lead the design team on the development & production of final project
- Responsible for providing clear visual direction by creating a concept, developing, and implementing visually appealing, innovative design for a variety of mediums (i.e. television, interactive and print).
- Participates and facilitates brainstorming sessions bringing visual solutions (mock ups, basic layouts, sketches, storyboards) to help illustrate and explain project concepts
- Supervise local and off-site productions, communicating priorities, calling revisions, and maintaining quality control.
- Support Sr. Art Director in mentoring, training and evaluating skills set of other designers in the team.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Ops team to define and maintain schedules and plan resources, including requirements of staff, equipment, data storage and record-keeping materials. Ensure effective use of resources and tools considering internal and external resources
- Critique art content in an individual and team context. Welcome suggestions and constructive criticism
- Interact with Sr. Creative Director, Sr. Art Director, Client Services, Account Executives, Project Manager, producers, editors and other designers.
- Hands on designs for multiple mediums and creates two-dimensional and three-dimensional animations, including show opens, bumpers, logos, transitional elements, packages and other motion graphics as well print materials.
- Design and create interactive material for interactive application
- Design and create print material such as print ad, billboards, brochures, direct mail, flyers, point of sales material, packages and etc.
- Juggles multiple tasks on short deadlines with ease and contributes positively to a team environment
- Become a brand specialist: maintain consistent brand identity across all channels, on and off-air.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience as senior designer / 3 years supervising experience
- Background in Entertainment & Media, Advertising, Marketing or Post-Production house
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is desirable
- Software required: Photoshop, Illustrator, AE, C4D, InDesign
- MS Office user knowledge
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating a strong eye for design and excellent understanding of typography, color usage and layout (Must provide a link to electronic portfolio)
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity, passion and originality for creating award winning work within a wide range of styles
- Strong sense of visual storytelling, excellent sense of design principles
- Knowledge of all aspects of television, interactive and print production – on-air and off-air from static to motion
- Proficiency in motion graphics – 2D / 3D animation skills (C4D preferred) and compositing (rotoscope/Chroma key)
- Knowledge of print process is a must
- Great planning and organizational skills
- Experience supervising and managing an art department’s digital pipeline with its related tools
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Hands-on, be an innovative thinker and have the ability to work effectively with his/her team as well as independently.
- Ability to lead and direct offsite suppliers
- Ability and give positive and constructive feedback and develop talent
- Able to multitask, working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines
- Strong teamwork, collaborative attitude and relationship management skills
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Must have a good sense of style and beauty
- Ability to lead a team by inspiring and mentoring others
- Customer service oriented/focus
- Respect for their colleagues and integrity and honesty in everything he/she does
- Ability/confident to communicate effectively with all levels of management within the organization.
- Sense of humor