|Blog Home | About | Entries By Date | Search|
Adobe Edge preview 5 is now available!
Preview 5 introduces significant improvements to speed up the animation creation process, new on-stage tools, as well as publishing and optimization features for older browsers and lighter code output.
• Labs: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/
• New video: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adc-presents/introducing-adobe-edge-preview-5/
• Full feature list: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/features.html
• Updated FAQ (PDF): http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/faq.pdf
• Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/edge/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdobeEdge
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobeedge
New Publishing and Optimization Features:
- Publish to web: Preview 5 has an option to specify if jQuery should be packaged with the composition, or downloaded from a CDN to produce lighter code and improve caching.
- Down-level browser support: Define a fallback state of a composition for non-HTML5 browsers like IE8 and below.
- Preloader improvements: Choose what gets shown during the preloader (before the framework, jQuery, or composition is loaded).
Emphasis on animation:
- Timeline: We made several significant improvements to the timeline that make composing animations much easier and faster, such as an easier to use Pin (formerly the Mark) and smarter playback behavior.
- On-stage tools: New clip and transform tools make it easier to manipulate objects and create animation effects.
Many other enhancements:
- Improved symbol functionality, stage editing options, the ability to swap images, more intuitive contextual menus, many bug fixes, and much more have been added to preview 5.