<< Miami Valley ColdFusion User Group
advertise your job opening here!
Sr. ColdFusion Developer
Job Opportunity posted 07/30/12
, tagged: North America, Open
3,026 views, 0 comments.
Sr. ColdFusion Developer
Blue Ash, Ohio
3-6 Months (with potential extension)
MS Access to ColdFusion conversion
The developer would be responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting of ColdFusion Web applications in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. They would participate in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards.
- Current tools and technologies include:
- ColdFusion 8, SQL 2005, Fusebox, CFCs, WebSphere, PERL, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, CFC Unit
- MS Access
Essential Job Functions:
- Analysis, design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans with the assistance of more senior team members as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Ability to deliver high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- IS related bachelor’s degree.
An associate degree, or comparable work experience in an Information Systems position or related business position may be considered.
- 5 or more years experience in system analysis, design and programming of the associated development methodologies.
- 5 or more years experience of ColdFusion. Version 8 experience is highly preferred.
- 3 or more years experience in Fusebox, CFCs, WebSphere, PERL, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, CFC Unit
- 3 or more years experience with MS Access, SQL Server, Store Procedures, SQL Scripting.
- MS Access experience is required.
- DB2 experience is desired
- 3 years experience minimum in working with Business SME and/or Functional Business Analyst to capture and document requirements is highly desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Responsible, accountable, highly motivated and customer service oriented
- Ability to learn quickly. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and in small 2-3 developer teams is a MUST.