|Calendar Home | About | Filter By Date | Search|
How to make dirty pictures!
Scot's cell - 949-412-3509
Bill Vallely will begin by telling us a story about a friend who thought she could make a living using a single photoshop filter to sell "paintings."
This is a cautionary tale - any tool that is easy to use ---- is easy for EVERYONE to use and is therefore close to useless.
This lesson will show how to combine filters with good, old fashioned "painting" to make an illustration sing. I will do this by discussing, and showing, different textures of objects, and how best to imitate those textures.
On a photograph of a mason jar, Bill will
1. Create a label (Uncle Billy's Drop Dead Chili)
2. Create fingerprint smears on the jar
3. Cause the label to fade and peel
4. Create chips and cracks on the jar.
5. Put nails in the jar
6. Reflect jar in nearby can.