1-5 of 5
Senior Flash Video Developer
Job Title: Senior Flash Video Developer
Job Opportunity posted on Oct 23 by
Start Date: ASAP
Employer Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Flash/AS3 Video developer role is the primary Flash developer/engineer who develops, enhances and maintains the Flash video experience, via the custom Flash player used on their web sites.
It is a senior, hands-on role and they are responsible for:
* Coding & designing the video player in an OO manner to deliver a compelling user experience in line with the brand. Tools used are Flex Developer, AS3.
* Making it easy to integrate on web sites
* Integrating advertising and business intelligence systems
* Fixing defects
* Working with stakeholders to suggest, prototype and then code new user features and experiences (e.g. video browsing, related video...)
* Staying abreast of the online video market technically, with particular focus on Flash, but also knowledge of Silverlight
* Advising on the wider architectures and integrations that use or sit alongside the video player
* Understanding and working with agile principles, including automated builds, unit-testing etc
* Strong OO essential.
Please contact Mark@flex-associates.com for further details!!!
Senior Solutions Architect
Job Title: Senior Solutions Architect
Job Opportunity posted on Nov 24 by
Company Name: Akamai
Start Date: ASAP
Project Duration: Perm
Akamai provides market-leading managed services for powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online. Having pioneered the content delivery market one decade ago, Akamai's services have been adopted by the world's most recognized brands across diverse industries. Since its start in 1998, Akamai has grown from a research “big idea” into one of the world’s most successful technology companies, with 2008 revenue of more than $790 million, consistent profitability, and inclusion as a NASDAQ 100 company. With more than 1,600 employees in locations around the globe, Akamai is committed to innovation in technology and service. Akamai has transformed the Internet into a more viable place to inform, entertain, advertise, interact, and collaborate. Akamai - Powering a Better Internet.
About the Team
The Professional Services team works with Akamai's customers to design and implement solutions that maximize return on investment, reduce risk, and optimize their online initiatives. The team employs some of the foremost Internet experts to solve complex infrastructure, content delivery, and application performance challenges, always with a mind to our customer's business strategy. We've implemented solutions for over 2,000 customers in the private and public sectors - like FedEx, Yahoo, the Department of Defense, and many others.
About the Job
Flash/Silverlight Senior Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with Akamai's clients to deliver Akamai solutions. You will develop advanced Flash, Silverlight and mobile players and applications. This will include preparation of graphics, working with technical project managers and developers for webservice/backend integration, all the way through final delivery of the completed project for release or deployment.
* Work with project team to offer technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
* Perform requirements gathering and write function specifications for moderately complex applications.
* Accurately scope development timelines for moderately complex applications.
* Develop main framework for large-scale applications according to an API defined with the architect.
* Complete design documentation as part of architecting and create UML documentation for moderately complex applications.
* Review code with architect to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
* For large-scale applications, work with the Architect to help define modules needed and make recommendations on the appropriate developers for each module.
* Maintain expertise in all main Rich Media Ad platform tools (EyeWonder, Pointroll, Motif, etc.)
* Strong focus on communication with development, creative, engineering and client services teams.
* Assist more junior Developers by offering guidance in defining architecture and best approach for building out moderate-complexity applications.
* Provide status updates to project owners and managers for currently assigned projects.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Overall Experience: 5-7 years or equivalent experience.
* Strong expertise in Flash and/or Silverlight development experience.
* Experience using ActionScript 2 & 3 including a full understanding of capabilities of the platforms.
* Full understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Principles) such as inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, interfaces, composition, etc.
* Use of common Object Oriented design patterns and their impact on ActionScript development.
* Familiarity with other programming paradigms and methodologies such as Aspect Oriented programming, Waterfall method, RAD, Agile, extreme, etc.
* Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work externally with customers and internally with Akamai business and development groups.
* Must be action oriented, capable of solving complex technical problems independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
* Must be willing to travel up to 20-30%.
* Fluent English a must and one of the following: German, French, Spanish.
* Intermediate experience working with other rich media technologies (e.g. Adobe Air, Video codecs) including video and audio streaming.
* Comfort using common design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks.
* Experience building video-heavy applications and integration with data feeds.
* Mobile application development for iPhone/iTouch, Nokia/Symbian, Android or BlackBerry.
Experienced AS3 Video Developer
Job Title: Experienced AS3 Video Developer
Job Opportunity posted on Dec 08 by
Sr. Software Engineer - Video
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Video
Job Opportunity posted on Jan 26 by
Company Name: IGN Entertainment
Company Address: San Francisco, CA
Employment Status: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP if right fit
Employer Contact: Caroline Yeung
Contact Email: email@example.com
IGN is the #1 video game portal on the Internet. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with our team at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA. Here the team is focused on innovation, leveraging and contributing to open source, and building products that have real value for the world.
IGN’s video-on-demand and live streaming content is viewed by hundreds of millions of fans every month. As a Senior Software Engineer on our video team you will be responsible for creating world-class video delivery technology across all platforms including mobile, tablet, desktop, game console, TV, YouTube, and more. Delivering the best user experience means developing and deploying flash video players, HTML5 video players and the latest streaming protocols.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to build modern API-driven web applications
- Development of flash video players using ActionScript & OSMF
- Leveraging, configuring and optimizing HDS and HLS protocols provided by CDN
- Optimizing performance of the video players and web pages delivering video
- Establishing video player, web and front-end best practices
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience developing large scale software applications
- Experience with Linux, git, and modern software development practices such as agile development, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Track record solving difficult problems with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Web API experience using Scala or Java and modern databases such as MongoDB and MySQL a plus
Local Candidates: no preference
OSMF player development
Job Title: OSMF player development
Job Opportunity posted on Nov 15 by
Company Name: UBQ Live
Company Address: Sevenoaks, Kent, UK
Employment Status: Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Employer Contact: Patrick Allen
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone with experience of working with the OSMF framework to build us a video player.
We have a list of features and also some UI designs. There will be a few versions of the player, a branded one (VOD), an un-branded one (VOD) and a live streaming player.
Features that we require include; progressive download and RTMP playback, shareing, poster image, play overlay, end action and bug (logo) with a few more. Most of these features will be needed to load in via flash vars so as to have customisations for each player embed.
Experience working with OSMF developing video players with examples of prior builds to back this up.
Experience fo working with HTML5 for video is also beneficial as we will be using that as a fallback.
Local Candidates: local preferred
Filter by Date
Filter by Type
Filter by Tag
Clip & Comments
By Last Activity
By Date Posted
By Number of Comments
By Number of Views