1-4 of 4
Cold Fusion Developer 3
Job Opportunity posted on Oct 15
, tagged coldfusion,Full-time,full time,Development
Perform those duties necessary to provide technical support of departmental applications. Maintain code for existing database applications, and work in a small team to create new applications as needed to be developed. Assist application users, and respond to requests for improvements. Evaluate work load and capacity of IT systems and network to ensure that goals are met and that programs are compatible with other programs already in use. Make recommendations for improvements to systems. Assist users to resolve computer-related problems. The personnel should have ability to perform the following but not limited to:
• Design, redesign and enhance user interfaces using ColdFusion for various applications.
• Debug and administer MySQL database for internet web sites, including backups, table creation and consolidation, data cleaning, etc.
• Design and enhance reporting functions and information retrieval via web-technologies and MS Office applications.
• Produce queries to access data and create user functionality for edits and report automation.
• Assist in the needs assessment, redesign and development of the database to adequately serve its purpose for the long-term use and expanded role with users.
• Maintain data availability through scheduled backups of all databases supporting web and intranet content (MySQL, MS Access, stored reports and any emergent).
• Administer URL addresses and links internal to the ASPE library.
• Provide for software and hardware monitoring to plan updates and maintenance.
• Prepare documents, reports and other materials for posting on web sites, including conversion to HTML and PDF formats that meet accessibility, HHS web standards and 508 compliance, often under tight deadlines and possibly requiring evening and/or weekend work.
• Provide customer support and customer service for applications, websites, databases, systems, equipment, and related customer information technology needs.
• Bachelors degree (in Information Technology desirable)
• Five (5) years of experience in software development and programming preferred.
• Experience developing in ColdFusion environment.
• Experience with relational database development and maintenance.
• Exhibit experience monitoring hardware and software for maintenance and upgrades.
• Demonstrate experience in Section 508 standards compliance.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Ability to proactively interface with end users and help with desktop, application, and equipment setups including Audio Visual devices.
Jr ColdFusion Engineer
Virtual Solutions Group
Job Opportunity posted on Oct 03
by Denard Springle
, tagged Open,North America,Full-time,full time,Development,coldfusion
Virtual Solutions Group is seeking a Full-Time Junior CF contractor to join our team for remote development working with our direct clients on long term projects.
What we offer:
Work from home
Direction and mentoring from Sr. CF engineers
Plenty of opportunities to learn and experiment with new technologies
Lots of room for career growth within our organization
Friendly, helpful co-workers
What you will do:
Your primary responsibility will be to learn and maintain legacy ColdFusion development. A few of our clients code bases can be a real challenge to work with, and will severely test your debugging skills, so you should be prepared to spend approximately 60-70% of your time in the maintenance and feature enhancements of legacy code.
Your secondary responsibility will be to participate in modernizing these legacy code bases by helping write the OO and MVC components, under direction and review of Sr. engineers, for the code base that will replace them. Approximately 20-30% of your time will be dedicated to new development using the most modern techniques and technologies.
Your tertiary responsibility will be to learn new technologies and techniques that would improve your current development efforts and help us build a better product for our clients. Approximately 5-10% of your time will be spent learning on your own and/or through code review with Sr. engineers.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, desired compensation and sample CF code to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be accepting resume's and code samples through the first week of October and will begin contacting those I am interested in speaking with the following week to schedule a phone screen, and those I am not interested in to let them know they didn't make the cut and, if applicable, why (to help you in future endeavors). Please note I only ask for desired compensation to contrast with your experience and code samples to see why you feel you are worth what you desire - not to disqualify anyone based on desired compensation alone.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not send code samples, desired compensation and a cover letter with your resume, you will not be contacted. Period. You have been warned ;)
PLEASE NOTE: I will not accept resume's from recruiters and will not entertain B2B relationships - this is a direct hire position only and anyone else who contacts me is frankly wasting their time and mine, and will be deposited directly into the bit bucket. :P
PLEASE NOTE: I will also not entertain resumes from overseas locations - you must be a US resident living in the US to be considered for this position. I have nothing against the many quality developers elsewhere in the world, I just want to put people in my own country to work. Thank you for your understanding :)
3-5 years of ColdFusion development experience
3-5 years of SQL (any flavor) experience
3-5 years of HTML experience
3-5 years of CSS experience
Must reside in the US
Must be a US citizen
Willingness to learn
Ability to take direction from Sr Engineers
Good communication skills
Excellent command of English
Previous remote worker experience
CF Developer (DHS clearable)
Job Opportunity posted on Oct 03
by Denard Springle
, tagged North America,Development,coldfusion,Full-time
Metters Inc., is a leading veteran-owned government consulting organization that provides industry expertise and innovative technology to support our client's mission and goals. Our environment is both challenging and supportive. We give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Metters has an immediate opening for a Senior to Mid-level Web Application Developer to support our DHS USCIS client in a rapid web application development project utilizing leading-edge technologies. The
developer will primarily drive the direction of the client's web technology solutions in this project, define and implement best practices and build powerful and extensible web application functionality.
- Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems or build new ones
- Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements.
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities, such as those conducted by the client's applicable review authorities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
- Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Provides technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Motivated team player and ability to lead independent self-managed projects in Agile/SCUM team structure
- 5+ years developing complex ColdFusion applications
- Advanced knowledge of ColdBox, Mach II, Model Glue or other OO Frameworks
- Understanding of Cold Fusion Best Practices and Design Patterns
- Demonstrated documentation and code-testing skills
- Strong understanding of complex SQL database-driven products
- Product Development Experience. Possibly multiple concurrent products at the same time
- Understands scaling and performance
- Experience in: PVCS, Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium, Internet Information Services, HP Quality Center, Serena Tracker, and AccVerify, JAWS
- Bachelors / Master Degree
- Minimum Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in ColdFusion 9 Certification
Job Opportunity posted on May 02
by Oğuz Demirkapı
, tagged coldfusion,Development,Full-time,North America
Associate or equiv. degree or two years of post-secondary college education in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equiv. + 5 yrs exp, or other suitable qualifications
Job entails working with and requires experience in: designing and developing applications; and working with Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, SQL, Java, Java Script, Postgre SQL, ColdFusion, AJAX, JQUERY, HTML, CSS, LAN/WAN, Windows and Unix.
Relocation and travel to unanticipated locations within USA possible.
Filter by Date
Filter by Type
Filter by Tag
Clip & Comments
By Last Activity
By Date Posted
By Number of Comments
By Number of Views